Monday, April 29, 2013

Ugh!

Current weight: 170

Last week's weight: 170

UGH! I've been working out like crazy. (Ok. I didn't yesterday because it was Sunday and rainy so we didn't go on our normal family walk.) By the end I'm shaky. I'm dizzy. I'm SWEATY! But I feel awesome because I DID IT! I have also been really good at eating under my calorie level. AND I ran 2.5 miles on Saturday without stopping! So I was feeling pretty good about myself...And then I got on the scale this morning...Haven't lost a pound. Not ONE! And I've lost a measly .5" on my waist and gained 1" on my hips, both of which I am attributing to not measuring in the same place as before.

This is the part I hate about trying to loose weight--plateaus...I get so discouraged then decide it doesn't matter and binge away...I only have 250 calories left today and it's only 2:30 here. (Course...I usually have a binge problem this time o' the month.) Maybe I should go out for a walk later this afternoon...

Despite all this, I am not going to stop. Sarah, thanks for your comment on my last post. You are right. Numbers don't matter. And I should feel happy about me taking care of my body. I am. I feel good. I finally could sit on the couch today and not feel like I was going to fall to sleep if I read Heather any stories. That's success in my book. Maybe that has something to do with me finally getting to bed on time yesterday! (Another accomplishment!)

4 comments:

  1. I thought you said 25 miles without stopping, and I was like "Holy cow, I need to get off my lazy hiney!"You're doing awesome Steph! A lot better than me, I feel good if I make it through the day without having an emotional meltdown. I take it you are on your period? Maybe that contributes to you not losing weight this week. At least you lost inches, which tends to be what people notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Now THAT would be an accomplishment indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete