Wednesday, April 17, 2013

All about the pebbles

You have heard about "getting a pebble" from my previous posts. I suppose now is a good time to explain what that means.

The pebble jar is mainly for motivation and also a little bit of friendly competition. The idea is that both Daniel and I have certain things we need to do to get a pebble everyday (mostly fitness related). Daniel is still working on goals similar to the ones I mentioned before, I am doing the updated 5 goals. Basically, if we do all those things that day, we put a pebble in the jar. When the jar is full, we will put $1 for every pebble toward a trip for our 10 year anniversary. We really want to go to South Africa, as it will be really close to his 10 year mission anniversary, and he has always wanted to take me there. It will be a lot of money. It almost seems impossible, but we think we can do it. If we can't afford a trip to South Africa, we will have a lot of money saved up for a fun trip! We also have a deal that who ever has the most pebbles gets a special prize. But we don't know what that is yet.

It worked well in the past. We started one last year and used the "money" we earned for a really nice date. Looser (Daniel) had to plan it. It worked really well for that, so we thought we'd do it long term. So far this year has been a little rocky. We get a pebble every now and then, but we haven't been consistent. A lot of our lack in motivation and even ability to get stuff done is due to stress. All Daniel and Josh's medical problems in the past 6 months, as well as Daniel is teaching his first class, and taking his last. We are hoping we will be able to be better. And we have been.

Although...I haven't gotten one pebble this week (since Monday). I've done all but one thing: GO TO BED ON TIME! How hard can it be? Apparently very hard! Although last night I was in bed, I just had a really bad migrane and wasn't able to sleep. And then there was a thunderstorm that started at about 1 and lasted till 3:30ish. It was the kind you can't sleep through because it's so bright and LOUD! (And you're worried the tornado siren is going to go off any minute.) Sigh...c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment