Monday, April 15, 2013

Recipe

Sometime last week, we had butter rice with beans, salmon (Canned Salmon, I'm not rich enough for fresh salmon.), and salad. It was delish, but I made way too much rice so we had five cups of cooked butter rice sitting in our fridge. Another day last week, we had taco salad and had left over beans from that. Today I was trying to figure out what to make Erick for dinner and had some awesome insparation. This is what I came up with:

Rachel's Spanish Rice

In large pot add:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 onion
Apox. 1. cup frozen corn (More or less depending on what you like)
A few shakes of Tony Chachere's Original Seasoning (Tony Chachere's in quite salty and kinda spicy, so it gives this meal a nice kick.)
Cook together until meat is browned.
Add 1 pk. taco seasoning, mix well.

To the meat mixture,  add:
Aprox. 5 cups cooked rice (I think in uncooked rice, this would equal 1 1/2 cups rice. I'm not sure though.)
1 can beans (I used the red beans that were leftovers, but I think black beans would add a nice color.)
1 small can tomato sauce
2 cups or more of shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack) 
Salt and pepper to taste
A couple more shakes of Tony Chachere's if you wish.
Mix well and heat through.

Serve with fresh salad...or be unhealthy, like we were, and eat without any salad.

I think it would have been tasty with a bit of fresh cilantro and maybe some lime juice. Anyway, even without the cilantro and lime, Erick, Wren, and I all thought it was yummy.
 

  





 

2 comments: