Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hey everyone,

So a few years(?) ago Stephanie suggested a sight called "Dressing your Truth" to us and explained how it has helped her FEEL beautiful. Well about a month ago, I saw it again on facebook from one of my friends. Clicked the link and they were offering the online course for FREE to 100,000 women. I decided to do it. It goes into detail about different types of women (and men too, but this is geared more towards women) and how to dress for whichever type you truly are. I still am not positive of my type yet (i think i know though) she has books that she suggests reading too. 

Even if you're not struggling with feeling pretty, its interesting to see what she has to say. Towards the end of the online course it will obviously try to get you to join the site(?) and if you do please join under Stephanie, cause she's the one that introduced this to us all in the first place. I guess its just good to know a little more about the site, before just joining. I don't know if I will join, but its been fun. 

When I see other people or hear them say things that people may think that person is coming across rude, pushy, or impatient. Learning about these different types has helped me think...Okay, this person wasn't TRYING to be rude, they just may come across like that at times. NOT GIVING EXCUSES HERE! Sometimes people or we are rude and impatient and can change to be better. I don't know if that was even a good example.

HEY, I thought it was fun and still want to read the books (which I requested at the library, so you don't have to buy them!). Stephanie has loved it too. Try it out for FREE (That's why I did). It's more about KNOWING who you yourself really are and living true to that, then fashion. They just help women know what looks good on the different types once you know who you are. 

http://dressingyourtruth.com/ 

Please add anything Stephanie if you'd like too!

Hope you all enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. I signed up for it and it and it said that i had an email but i didn't get it. It wasn't in drafts or spam either...do you think you might know why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep checking, mine took like 24hours then it was in spam....or the rest were after that. should get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have to say that I really love it, and it has been quite a journey. Don't let anyone else tell you who you are. You have to figure that out. It has helped me to understand other people better, and also myself. For years I have been trying to change something that I thought was a negative quality in myself. I have learned that the world needs people with my qualities, it's just that I need to learn to channel the qualities that I naturally have, into more productive, uplifting ways. Not using them to hurt others. For example, I am often overly critical, and usually it comes out in a negative way, but what if I were to be critical in a more positive way? Always observing things that are good, and perfect just the way they are. Seeing the silver lining. You know? Instead of trying to shut down my natural qualities, embracing them, and using them for good. Does that make sense? That is the biggest thing I have learned through this program. As well as understanding who others are, like Sarah said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I really like the idea of dressing according to your personality, and giving other people clues to who you are, instead of trying to keep up with the fashion industry...which I never did in the first place, but you know....

    ReplyDelete