I will get started by telling you my goals for spiritual, emotional, and physical fitness! I have 10 goals that I will be charting throughout the week.
1. Scripture Study and Morning Prayer
2. Ponder/Meditate
3. Me time (NO computer.)
4. Fresh air
5. Five servings of fruits or veggies
6. No sugar
7. Exercise 30 mins
8. Exercise 10 mins
9. Food Journal
10. 8 glasses of water
BONUS: In bed at 9:30 pm, and awake by 6 am.
I know this is a lot of goals, and I have a specific reason for that (which needs it's own post).
In future posts, I will separate each goal and tell how I did on each one. This post, I'll just tell about why I have the goals I have. It is a little long, but I promise they wont be this long in the future!
Scripture Study and Morning Prayer
This one is something I struggle with constantly. I forget to start my day by talking to God, and I often just forget to study. And I mean study. With a journal. I have found that I get SO much more out of it if I have a pen in my hand, I just think more. I know goal is important because when I am consistent I can tell a difference in my day.
Ponder/Meditate
This goes hand in hand with scriptures/prayer. How often are we told to ponder, but rush through our scriptures and prayer without listening to what God has to say to us? I am SO guilty of this one, I just need to take time to slow down, be quiet, and be still.
Me time
This sounds a little selfish, but I have found that the longer I go without making some time for me to do something I like to do, I get grouchy. I care for the kids and Daniel, I try to do everything for them and fulfill their needs, but I have learned through the years (all 5 (: ) that I also need to focus more on fulfilling my own. This could be reading a book, painting my nails, taking a nap(!), or anything that interests me at the time. The catch: NO COMPUTER! I know this may not be a problem for any of you, but it has become a habit that as soon as the kids go down I get on the computer, and sometimes don't get off till they wake up. Not healthy!
Fresh Air
Get out and get some sun and be active. This is for the kids sake, but also mine. I have new found energy when I spend at least 15 mins outside. Rain or Shine.
Five Fruits or Veggies
I could have put "eat healthier" but that isn't easily measured. I can count whether I had 5 fruits or veggies. I have a bad habit of going to the cupboard (for pretzels or cookies or something else) instead of going to the fridge or fruit basket when I want a snack.
No Sugar
The title says it all people!
Exercise (at least) 30 minutes everyday
Exercise...I always feel like skipping it, I never regret doing it!
Exercise 10 minutes
You're probably thinking I am making a mistake, but it will all make more sense when I wright about the pebbles in the jar thing Daniel and I do. This 10 mins I usually like to be Abs/Pushups routine, but it could be stretching, Cardio bursts, or even yoga for relaxation.
Food Journal
Keep a food journal. Be honest!
Eight Glasses Water
I actually don't have a problem with getting enough. I have a problem with getting too much! Who does that? Anyway, the goal is 8 glasses (the recommended amount which most people don't even meet). When I drink enough water and not too much, I don't have as many bladder problems...yeah...
BONUS: 8+hours of sleep!!!
The health benefits of sleep are amazing, the physical, emotional, and even spiritual aspects of life are greatly improved with at least 8 hours of sleep.
SO...those are my goals. What are yours?
I am so excited to work together toward healthier and happier and more fit lives!
-Stephanie
I want before and after pictures.
ReplyDelete