Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sarah: Update!

O. K!  So not that we finally got internet I can keep up with this blog better. I haven’t started the whole squat challenge yet (just saw it tonight….maybe I’ll do it before bed) well…I can already feel my legs getting sore just thinking about it. That means growing muscles though, right?

A new thing that I’ve kind of done this last week at least is making recipe’s I have not tried yet and “healthier” too. Well, some of them…anyway I have to share the links because they were awesome! I have to tell you about the yam/sweet potato (? Whatever?) nacho’s. Ummmm YUM! They were surprisingly awesome! I was a little scared to try them because sweet potato nacho’s doesn’t sound very appetizing…and maybe they were AMAZING to us just because I was worried they would be disgusting. Anything NOT disgusting is…awesome right? Well I have to show the picture too cause, they were just really good. The picture isn’t mine though. I need to be better at cooking breakfast for Leo. I am either sleeping or nursing when he gets up…usually I try to freeze breakfasts but, I should be better. So one of my goals, in the future, will be to try all the breakfast recipes that sound and look amazing. It’s more motivating to get out of bed when you –found an amazing looking recipe, have the ingredients, and are excited to try a new, or favorite, recipe.

Honey-Garlic Chicken: AMAZING! If you’re in the mood for Asian tasting food? Yes. Easy too! (just make sure the chicken is COMPLETELY thawed before cooking, we had to microwave ours a little). Tons of spices used, I didn’t have sage or thyme, so I just put a few tsp’s of Italian seasoning in place. (Leo votes = Tastiest…I think it probably had the most flavor too)

Lasagna Soup: LOVED IT! Tastes just like lasagna, except not all the layering (although it is prettier that way). Okay, so maybe not on the super healthier side…. (Leo votes = another great way/easier way to make a favorite dish)

Chicken Salad wrapped in Lettuce: GREAT!!! Less carbs, still filling…I would have something on the side though next time. I think this was one of the prettiest. (Leo votes =”Those were just good”)
No link: Just make chicken salad with whatever you had. Grapes, Apples, nuts? Mayo, salt and pepper, peppers, onions, uhhh seriously whatever. I kind of branched off from the Usha’s(?) chicken salad that was used at steph’s and my receptions. ANYWAY wrap them in romaine or any really, lettuce leaf and enjoy. Mine kind of cracked in places so you might just want to pile it on top of the leaf and enjoy!  

Sweet Potato Irish Nacho’s: Surprisingly yummy! I didn’t have a lot of the ingredients like yellow and red peppers. Just had green. Didn’t have cilantro. I think These actually would be gross with salsa, but had sour cream with them, ranch wasn’t bad either. We added just a sprinkle of browned ground beef with onions and garlic with it…Leo thinks that it made it a lot better than it would have been. Basically, you can put whatever nacho toppings you want on them. (Leo vote: Most creative of the week. He really likes them too)

Okay, so has anyone else gotten into bad habits DURING pregnancy and are still in them or working to get out of the habit? Um, I have! (I won’t mention some…any of them) I have been trying to change. It’s hard. I am totally rambling, and need to go to sleep.

P.S. no one look at what time I posted (bad habit) J   

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Someone posted! I thought this blog was slowly dwindling. I don't want it to. I think it's a great way to stay in contact. I think those all sound yummy! I'm always looking for yummy/healthy food to cook.

    Yes, I have several bad habits I developed during pregnancy. Overeating is a major one. We have started serving up our food in the kitchen and only having one plate. It has surprised me how much less tempting it is when the food is not sitting on the table with you. I also have the problem of making GOOD FOOD!!! I am sure you all have that problem too...

    ReplyDelete