Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ratatouille Sauté

Look! A recipe! Before you turn up your noses and say it doesn't look or wont taste good, give it a try. It's nice and fresh and SO delicious! This is a recipe I absolutely love! I've made it many times and served it over rice, rice noodles, and with fish. It's pretty versatile, and great for student budgets.  Hope you enjoy!


Ratatouille Sauté

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chopped red onion
1  or 2 chopped bell peppers (any color works!)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
5 1/2 cups diced peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
1 or 2 small chopped squash (I use yellow squash or zucchini)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained ( I have also used 2 or 3 fresh tomatoes)
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar


Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the eggplant, squash, salt, black pepper, and vinegar. Sauté 3-5 mins until squash is cooked. Add tomatoes; stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.

Source: Adapted from myrecipes.com

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I should try it sometime...except, I'm not going to add the egg plant. I don't really like egg plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! You probably had eggplant that wasn't prepared very well. You might be surprised!

      Delete